Development & Grant Coordinator - Part Time!
Kennebec Behavioral Health is looking for a part-time professional Development and Grant Coordinator to join our team! The Development and Grants Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive development program, including grant writing. We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible individual who can thrive working independently and as part of a small team of professionals who truly care about our mission to promote the wellbeing of adults, youth and families experiencing mental illness and substance use disorders.
The development and grants coordinator will work closely with our Senior Engagement Officer and Marketing Communications Coordinator and Database Manager on KBH’s overall fundraising efforts through grants, municipal appeals and targeted campaigns. This is a 20 to 24 hours per week working position that typically works a normal daytime schedule. The position can be all or part remote. However, evening and weekend hours may occasionally be required to meet organizational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Senior Engagement Officer and Chief Executive Officer to develop strategic goals and objectives for annual fundraising efforts
- Ensure that development plans, goals and policies are consistent with established organizational mission, vision and goals and objectives
- Identify potential donors and contributors
- Solicit funds and pledges through completion of grant and foundation applications
- Coordinate annual municipal funds requests
- Work collaboratively with Marketing Communications Coordinator and Database Manager on fundraising events and fundraising campaigns
- Assist with creation and implementation of communication workflows for fundraising campaigns and acknowledgments of donations.
- Attend educational workshops and participate in professional societies such as the Maine Philanthropy Center
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in non-profit development, fundraising and grant writing
- Knowledge of grant and development resources required
- Knowledge of mental healthcare trends preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Benefits: KBH offers excellent flexible, competitive compensation and benefits:
- HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION, DISABILITY AND LIFE INSURANCE
- 403(B) WITH EMPLOYER MATCH
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT FOR CONTINUED EDUCATION
- .56 PER MILE TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT
- HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAMMING INCLUDING $30/MONTH GYM REIMBURSEMENT, MASSAGE THERAPY AND NUTRIOTIONAL COUNSELING
- GENEROUS VACATION AND SICK TIME
- 11 PAID HOLIDAYS
** To apply, click here!