Substance Use Prevention Specialist
Kennebec Behavioral Health is seeking an enthusiastic Substance Use Prevention Specialist to join their team! Serving Kennebec & Somerset counties, the SU Prevention Specialist will be responsible for serving on committees, developing and maintaining appropriate documentation for grants and contracts, and providing direct service to clients with evidence-based prevention strategies. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a strategic thinker and planner, comprehensive consultation and facilitation skills and a proficiency in interpersonal communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Health or a human services related field
- Prevention Specialist Certified (PS-C) or Provisional Prevention Specialist (PPS)
- Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CADC) preferred but not required
- Experience in developing, implementing, and providing prevention/intervention services and providing direct clinical services to clients in a behavioral healthcare environment.
Why KBH? We offer excellent continuing education opportunities, competitive wages and benefits, and the chance to work for a community based, multi-site mental health provider who's been serving our communities for more than 50 years.
KBH offers flexible, competitive compensation and benefits:
- HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION, AND LIFE INSURANCE
- 403(B) WITH EMPLOYER MATCH
- SUPPORTIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- CONTINUING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIEs
- .54 PER MILE TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT
- $30 PER MONTH GYM REIMBURSEMENT
- 20 DAYS VACATION
- 11 HOLIDAYS
- 8 SICK DAYS
To apply, please click here!